Terms and references for the position Vertical Manager – Watershed
Krushi Vikas organization was established in the year 1991 and emerging as a regional and national development organization aimed at the betterment of rural, semi-rural, and diversifying urban communities that depend on agro and nonfarm-based activities for their livelihood and progress .
Since establishment, ‘Krushi Vikas’ has devised and implemented multiple developmental and skill building activities in Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh which covers Sustainable agriculture, Natural Resource Management, Nature Conservation, Sustainable Livelihoods, Promotion of Farmer Producer Organisation, Women’s Holistic Development, Irrigation, Microfinance, Digital Literacy, Sanitation and Rural Infrastructure .KVGPS has been growing in a challenging rural habitat which is draught prone and constrained by unavailability of basic rural infrastructure .
The beneficiaries of Krushi Vikas include the most vulnerable poor farming households, Tribal’s, women, farm laborers, landless farm laborers, small scale rural entrepreneurs, youth and underprivileged communities in need of Skill, education, health, and developmental infrastructure.
More info is available at www.krushivikas.org . Krushi Vikas is planning integrated village development interventions in 9 villages of Velhe Block of Pune District. The program will focus on Soil Water Conservation, Sustainable Agriculture, On Farm and Off farm livelihoods, Rural Tourism, Working for Differently able people, Women Empowerment and Environment. The program will be designed and implemented through active participation of community and Convergence of Govt scheme to undertake designed interventions will be the priority of the project. Krushi Vikas is looking for a suitable candidate for the post of Vertical Manager – Agriculture.
More details about this position is as given below.
Name of the Post : Vertical Manager – Watershed
Location :Sakhar Village, Velhe, Pune
No of Posts : 1
Annual CTC : Rs. 3.60 to 4.20 Lac
Vertical Manager – Watershed –is expected to work for achieving the defined outputs and outcomes particularly mentioned for Soil Water Conservation Work and Climate Change.
S/he work objective would be
To study the geo Hydrological Conditions of the project area and Do Water Budgeting
To Identify Soil Water Conservation (SWC) related issues and plan interventions to deal with them
To identify the training needs and undertake capacity building initiatives on SWC
To support other project interventions for the overall development of the project beneficiary families.
To facilitate convergence of govt scheme and other development interventions for maximizing the impact of the project.
To contribute in planning and execution of development interventions
To Coordinate with Knowledge Partner Responsibility
(1) Assist the Program Manager in Timely Achieving the Goals in particular Vertical
(2) Study the ongoing interventions in the particular verticals across the globe and suggest innovations
(3) Planning and implementation of Activities based on the project proposal
(4) Achieve the targets in the given timeline
(5) Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with potential agency partners and related government departments, corporations, academia and other relevant agencies for convergence of scheme and knowledge dissemination;
(6) Proper and timely Documentation and reporting of the activities
(7) Support to other staff for achieving desired result in the project
(8) Other Administrative Responsibilities given time to time by the KVGPS QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
QUALIFICATION: He/ She should be Engineering Graduate from any reputed institution and experience in Soil Water Conservation Project.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3-5 years of experience with NGO / Government in management and implementation of the development program in Soil Water Conservation and Water Management. Knowledge of water budgeting is required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES for watershed Manager:
(1) Program Implementation, Capacity Building and Documentation
(2) Practical Knowledge about disseminating technologies with result oriented approach
(3) Good knowledge of Email, Excel, Word & PowerPoint If you are interested to apply above position please send your updated resume with subject as “Vertical Watershed manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call on +09022700356